AlCoB 2017 – 4th International Conference on Algorithms for Computational Biology
Aveiro (Portugal) , 5-6 June, 2017 – 4th International Conference on Algorithms for Computational Biology
AlCoB aims at promoting and displaying excellent research using string and graph algorithms and combinatorial optimization to deal with problems in biological sequence analysis, genome rearrangement, evolutionary trees, and structure prediction.
The conference will address several of the current challenges in computational biology by investigating algorithms aimed at:
- assembling sequence reads into a complete genome,
- identifying gene structures in the genome,
- recognizing regulatory motifs,
- aligning nucleotides and comparing genomes,
- reconstructing regulatory networks of genes, and
- inferring the evolutionary phylogeny of species.
Particular focus will be put on methodology and significant room will be reserved to young scholars at the beginning of their career.