Call for papers: CBMI 2017
CBMI aims at bringing together the various communities involved in all aspects of content-based multimedia indexing for retrieval, browsing, management, visualization and analytics.
The 15th edition of CBMI will be organized in Firenze, Italy, 19-21 June 2017.
The scientific program will include invited keynote talks and regular, special and demo sessions.
Call for papers
Authors are encouraged to submit previously unpublished research papers in the broad field of content-based multimedia indexing and applications. We wish to highlight significant contributions addressing the main problem of search and retrieval but also the related and equally important issues of multimedia content management, user interaction, large-scale search, learning in retrieval, social media indexing and retrieval. 4 special sessions in sparse data machine, media production, deep learning for multimedia indexing and cultural heritage.
The CBMI proceedings are traditionally indexed and distributed by IEEE Xplore and ACM DL. In addition, authors of the best papers of the conference will be invited to submit extended versions of their contributions to a special issue of Multimedia Tools and Applications journal (MTAP).
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Audio and visual and multimedia indexing;
- Multimodal and cross-modal indexing;
- Deep learning for multimedia indexing;
- Visual content extraction;
- Audio (speech, music, etc) content extraction;
- Identification and tracking of semantic regions and events;
- Social media analysis;
- Metadata generation, coding and transformation;
- Multimedia information retrieval (image, audio, video, text);
- Mobile media retrieval;
- Event-based media processing and retrieval;
- Affective/emotional interaction or interfaces for multimedia retrieval;
- Multimedia data mining and analytics;
- Multimedia recommendation;
- Large scale multimedia database management;
- Summarization, browsing and organization of multimedia content;
- Personalization and content adaptation;
- User interaction and relevance feedback;
- Multimedia interfaces, presentation and visualization tools;
- Evaluation and benchmarking of multimedia retrieval systems;
- Applications of multimedia retrieval, e.g., medicine, lifelogs, satellite imagery, video surveillance;
- Cultural heritage applications.
Authors are invited to submit full-length and special session papers of 6 pages and short (poster) and demo papers of 4 pages maximum.
The submissions are peer reviewed in single blind process. The language of the workshop is English.
- Full/short paper submission deadline: February 28, 2017
- Demo paper submission deadline: February 28, 2017
- Special Session paper submission deadline: February 28, 2017
- Notification of acceptance: April 10, 2017
- Camera-ready papers due: April 21, 2017
- Marco Bertini, Univ. of Firenze, Italy
Technical Program Chairs
- Rita Cucchiara, Univ. of Modena e Reggio Emilia, Italy
- Tao Mei, Microsoft Research Asia, China
Twitter: https://twitter.com/cbmi2017 – @cbmi2017