Computer Vision and Multimedia Lab
- Sede: Department of Electrical, Computer and Biomedical Engineering of the University of Pavia
- Descrizione: The Computer Vision and Multimedia Laboratory (CVML) has been active in the Department of Electrical, Computer and Biomedical Engineering of the University of Pavia since the early 70s. The group's initial research activities concentrated on image enhancement and restoration techniques, with a particular focus on medical imagery. Subsequently, the group's main efforts have been devoted to more advanced image processing functions, involving scene segmentation and shape characterization; a broad background has been acquired on low-level and intermediate-level vision tasks involving grey-level statistics and structural descriptions. Since the early 80s a new stream of research has been actively followed in the field of parallel architectures for vision and image processing. The group has meanwhile developed skills in high-level image processing domains, such as the management of knowledge description and learning capabilities for vision tasks. New research areas have been activated on Digital Humanities, Human Identification from Machine Learning to Artificial Intelligence, Deep Reinforcement Learning, Proteomics, Eye Tracking.
- Indirizzo: Via A. Ferrata 5
- Riferimento: Cantoni Virginio
- Sito web: http://vision.unipv.it
- Keywords: - Pattern analysis - Computer vision - Pattern recognition in bioinformatics - Human-computer interaction - Eye-tracking and biometr
- Membri (Soci CVPL): 6