- Sede: Università di Parma
- Descrizione: Research at IMP lab covers topics of Computer Vision, Pattern Recognition & Machine Learning, and Multimedia applied to images and videos, as well as data from different sensors. In addition, IMP lab is currently involved in research activities on vision-based human-computer interaction.
The main research projects at IMP lab concern: Mobile Vision, Object Recognition (Automatic Landmark Recognition), Machine Vision, Image Processing and Pattern Recognition.
More specifically, current research topics are related to: image processing and pattern recognition techniques for creative industries (with a well established collaboration with Adidas AG, Germany), people reidentification and multi-camera multi-object tracking within the field of video surveillance, different projects of computer vision to industrial applications for quality control, image retrieval and landmark recognition for mobile devices with applications to image-based geo-localization of mobile devices and vehicles, and to augmented reality for smart electronic tourist guides
The research group has been involved in tens of regional, national, European and International projects, both in competitive calls (FP6, FP7, PRIN, etc.), and with national and international companies.
- Indirizzo: Parco Area delle Scienze, 181/A
- Riferimento: Prati Andrea
- Sito web: http://implab.ce.unipr.it/
- Membri (Soci CVPL): 3