Cognitive Robotics and Social Sensing Cognitiva
- Sede: Istituto di Calcolo e Reti ad Alte Prestazioni (ICAR), Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche (CNR)
- Descrizione: Cognitive robotics investigates new architectures and methodologies to improve the “perception-understanding-action” cycle of artificial autonomous systems, also drawing inspiration from human cognitive models.
In this context, the laboratory studies new methods to equip commercial robots with innovative systems for perceiving sensations, by defining an artificial somatosensory level. The aim of the research is also to integrate fundamental cognitive aspects (understanding of meaning, learning, decision-making processes, and communication), with higher-level elements, such as the analysis of emotions, the creativity, the social intelligence, the introspective capability, and motivations that strongly influence actions in real environments.
Social sensing is complementary to research on cognitive robotics. The big amount of data available on the Internet relating to the social habits of people. Such data, if correctly interpreted, can constitute a valuable base of information for building powerful knowledge bases, used for different fields of application.
- Indirizzo: via Ugo La Malfa 153
- Riferimento: Infantino Ignazio
- Sito web: https://www.icar.cnr.it/en/laboratori-icar/robotica-cognitiva-e-social-sensing/
- Membri (Soci CVPL): 0