SHREC 2017 – 3D Shape Retrieval Contest
Lione, 23-24 Aprile 2017, Eurographics Workshop on 3D Object Retrieval
The general objective of the 3D Shape Retrieval Contest is to evaluate the effectiveness of 3D-shape retrieval algorithms. SHREC’17 is the twelfth edition of the contest. Like previous years, it is organized
in conjunction with the Eurographics Workshop on 3D Object Retrieval, where the results will be reviewed and included in the workshop proceedings.
Thanks to the efforts of previous track organizers, SHREC already provides many resources to compare and evaluate 3D retrieval methods. For this year’s contest, we aim to explore new and updated tracks.
Therefore, the participants are invited to have an active role in the organization of the event. This includes proposing track themes, building or acquiring a test collection, and deciding upon the queries,
relevance assessment, and performance measures. The participants of each track will collectively write a paper, which will be published in the proceedings of the Eurographics Workshop 3D Object Retrieval 2017, http://liris.cnrs.fr/eg3dor201
At least one author per track must register for the workshop, and present the results.
We also cordially invite all participants of a track to register and attend the workshop.
See the SHREC home page http://www.shrec.net/ for examples of organizational aspects of previous tracks.
The following list is a step-by-step description of the activities:
1) Potential track organizers send their proposal to email@example.com
describing the envisioned task, collection, queries, ground truth,
evaluation method, and expected number of participants;
2) Promising tracks and their organizers will be listed at the SHREC
web page, the track organizers start working out the details
3) Participants register for the tracks they want to participate in;
4) Each track is performed according to its own schedule;
5) The track organizers collect the results;
6) The track results are combined into a joint paper, to be included
in the proceedings of the Eurographics Workshop on 3D Object Retrieval;
7) The description of the tracks and their results are presented at
the Eurographics Workshop on 3D Object Retrieval (April 23-24, 2017).
*SHREC Time Schedule*
* January 15, 2017: Submission deadline for track proposals
* January 16, 2017: Notification of acceptance of track proposals
* Jan, Feb, 2017: Each track has its own time line
* February 21, 2017: Each track is finished, and results are
ready for inclusion in a track report
* February 28, 2017: Submit track papers for review
* March 7, 2017: All reviews due, feedback and notifications
* March 17, 2017: Camera ready track papers submitted for
inclusion in the proceedings
* April 23-24, 2017: EUROGRAPHICS Workshop on 3D Object
Retrieval 2017, including SHREC 2017